The Sterling Hall School is an independent day school for boys from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 8.
The JK-Grade 8 years are a time of exceptional growth, change and development for each boy as he undertakes his own, individual journey. Our school community supports and engages boys during this pivotal period in their lives so that they may reach their full potential. SHS is a place where boys belong. Each boy is accepted and welcomed into our school community and feels confident in his ability to take risks, explore his interests and pursue his passions.
Our dynamic, research-based curriculum is tailored to the way boys learn best. Hands-on, inquiry-based learning combines with strong character education and small classes, resulting in students who are well-equipped to succeed in their secondary and post-secondary education, as well as in their life beyond school.
At Sterling Hall, boys are inspired to demonstrate high moral and performance character and challenged to conquer new and creative academic learning, all within a boy-friendly culture.
SHS At A Glance
- All-boys day school founded in 1987
- Exclusively focused on the JK – Grade 8 formative years
- Innovative curriculum that promotes academic excellence
- 320 students, 70+ faculty and staff
- Low student-to-teacher ratio of 7:1
- Over 35 Athletic Teams and more than 50+ Clubs
- Character education, stewardship and leadership opportunities at all grade levels
- CAIS (Canadian Accredited Independent Schools) accredited and member of CAIS, CIS, COSSOT, IBSC, NAIS
- Conveniently located near Hwy 401 and a short drive to downtown Toronto